Have you ever wondered about the right methods to improve productivity, configure your supply chain or address the demand on hand? Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is giving you chance to join this free online course named as “Operations Management”. The course aimed to give the knowledge to understand key aspects of business operations and lean management including capacity, productivity, quality, and supply chain.
The course will equip you with the right tools, techniques, and skills to estimate, compute, analyze and configure key elements of operations management. The course will start on March 2, 2017
Course At A Glance
- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 5-7 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on March 2, 2017
- Established in 1973, the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is one of the top management schools in India. They build leaders through holistic, transformative and innovative education.
- They collaborate with over a hundred leading management schools in several countries on research initiatives and student and faculty exchange programs and offer long-duration programs, executive education and specialized courses in areas such as entrepreneurship and public policy.
Basic concepts in statistics such as Mean and Standard Deviation
About This Course
- Benefits: Operations Management helps you to understand the role of OM in a firm and to develop abilities to structure and solve operations related problems. The course will empower you with skills to address important aspects of business operations including capacity, productivity, quality, and supply chain. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Operations managers play a leading role in managing both raw materials and personnel. Oversight of inventory, purchasing, and supplies is central to the job. Human resources tasks include determining needs, hiring employees, overseeing the assignment of employees and planning staff development.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://courses.edx.org/register
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: Throughout the course, you will join us in discussions on productivity improvement methods, development of quality assurance systems and configuration of supply chains.
- Certificate: You can pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($150). You can add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
After completing the course students will be able to:
- Identify an operations system with some known standard configurations
- Make an assessment of the complexity of an operations system
- Compute cycle times for operations and estimate capacity of the system
- Understand the various components of a supply chain and the need to configure them appropriately
- Identify methods for reducing bullwhip effect in supply chains
- Understand and relate the concept of Lean Management to one’s own business situation
- Initiate process & productivity improvement using NVA Analysis
- Use specific tools and techniques to analyze quality problems
- Monitor a process using control charts
Mahadevan: He is a Professor of Operations Management at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, where he has been teaching since 1992.
Basic knowledge of Business & Management
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also join this course “Introduction to Financial and Management Accounting”
- In recent years, businesses have strived to improve productivity and quality, reduce costs and delivery times, and embrace flexibility and innovation. In this course, you will understand how operations in an organization are configured and factors that can potentially drive the complexity of managing such operations.
- Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: