The University of Adelaide is providing you the opportunity to apply for free online course named as “Programming for Data Science”. The course is intended to give you the knowledge that how to apply fundamental programming concepts, computational thinking and data analysis techniques to solve real-world data science problems.
This course, part of the Big Data Micro Masters program, will help you understand how digital technologies work and will develop your coding skills. The course will start on May 15, 2017
Course At A Glance
- Length: 10 weeks
- Effort: 8-10 hours per week
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: The University of Adelaide
- Languages: English
- Price: Free-Self-Paced
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on May 15, 2017
- About University: The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s leading research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world.
- Aim of University: They are committed to achieving excellence in education, research, and engagement with the community. Preparing the educated leaders of tomorrow who are independent, creative thinkers with an international perspective.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course.
About This Course
- Benefits: You will learn algorithm design as well as fundamental programming concepts such as data, selection, iteration and functional decomposition, data abstraction, and organization. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Without professional expertise that will turn cutting-edge technology into actionable insights, Big Data is nothing. Today, a lot more organizations and institutions in the financial sector as well, are opening up their doors to big data and unlocking its power, thus increasing the value of a data scientist who knows how to drive the value of a large amount of information that already exists inside an institution.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://courses.edx.org/register
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: This course will test your knowledge and skills in solving small-scale data science problems working with real-world datasets and develop your understanding of big data in the world around you.
- Certificate: You can pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $150 Add the certificate to your CV or resume or post it directly on LinkedIn. Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Skills and understanding of computational thinking
- Understand and apply introductory programming concepts such as sequencing, iteration, and selection
- How to analyze data and perform simple data visualizations using ProcessingJS
- Equip you to study computer science or other programming languages
- Dr. Katrina Falkner: She is Head – School of Computer Science, Katrina has a strong interest in Computer Science Education Research (CSER), mainly in the areas of collaborative and active pedagogy.
- Dr. Nick Falkner: He is Associate Professor at School of Computer Science Nick loves teaching and does most of his education research into the areas of motivation, time management, and effective teaching delivery.
- Dr. Claudia Szabo: She is Senior Lecturer at School of Computer Science, Claudia’s main research interests lie in the area of computer systems and computer science education.
Basic knowledge of Science might be useful during the course.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also join “Data Science Professional Project” free online course.
- While being able to use a computer or digital device is useful in our modern world, this course, part of the Big Data Micro Masters program, will help you understand how digital technologies work and will develop your coding skills.
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: