The Forest County Potawatomi Foundation is accepting application for the Lois Crowe Scholarship for 2017-2018 academic year. The program is open to the full-time undergraduate student at an accredited Wisconsin University/College and who have a minimum of a 2.5 high school GPA at the time of submission. The mission of scholarship program is to allow deserving students to attain their educational goals, meet their professional objectives and succeed to their fullest potential. The foundation will provide total $10,000 award amount for the Lois Crowe Scholarship’s winner.
The mission of the Forest County Potawatomi Foundation is to fight poverty, promote economic opportunity, strengthen communities and provide an example of responsible citizenship by assisting charitable organizations. Since 1999, the Forest County Potawatomi Foundation has been supporting their communities by assisting and enabling their efforts towards self-improvement.
- Must be a US Citizen or Legal US Resident.
- Must be registered by the start of the 2017 fall semester as the first-year, full-time undergraduate student (12 credits minimum) at an accredited Wisconsin University/College.
- Must have a minimum of a 2.5 high school GPA at the time of submission.
- Must demonstrate a history of scholastic achievement, participation in extracurricular activities and a commitment to community service.
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship, the applicants may submit the online application at the given link:
- A copy of an Official High School Transcript
- Copies of ACT/SAT score(s), Senior Year GPA, and Cumulative GPA
- Two Letters of Recommendation from: A High School Teacher o A Guidance Counselor, Coach, Minister, Mentor, Employer, or Community Service Supervisor
- A personal essay- not to exceed 3 pages (1,500-word max)
- List of School/Community Honors, Extracurricular Activities, and Employment history
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Forest County Potawatomi Foundation is providing total $10,000 Lois Crowe Scholarship in the academic year 2017-2018.
- Awarded to the State of Wisconsin graduating High School Senior who is registered as a 2017, first year Undergraduate in an accredited Wisconsin University/College.
- Awardee receives a $1,250.00 scholarship disbursement per semester for a maximum of four years and a one-time $500 stipend upon the start of the 1st Semester.
- Scholarship award, applied to tuition only, is determined by the Advisory Committee after an in-depth review of all applications received.
- Semester renewal award is based on academic performance.
- Recipients are requested to volunteer academic documents to the Forest County Potawatomi Foundation.
- The application must be received along with all the supporting documents, before 4 p.m. on Thursday, March 30, 2017. All applicants will be notified via email. All finalists will be notified by letter.
- Scholarship recipients must attend the Scholarship Lunch Reception on Thursday, May 25, 2017
Link for More Information:
Would like more information about the Scholarship Program, contact at- call (715) 478-4171