The Firstrust Bank is announcing 2017 Samuel A. Green Scholarship for high school graduating seniors of public, private, parochial and charter schools. Firstrust’s scholarship fund was named in loving memory of our founder, Samuel A. Green. The purpose of this scholarship competition is to empower students to utilize their ingenuity and education to advance their communities. The 34 scholarship recipients will be selected for the Samuel A. Green Scholarship. The first grand prize winner will receive $10,000, two $5,000 scholarship and thirty $1,000 scholarship awarded by Firstrust Bank.
In 1934, at the height of the Great Depression, my grandfather Samuel A. Green founded First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Philadelphia in South Philadelphia. It became Firstrust Bank in 1987.
- High school graduating seniors from public, private, parochial and charter schools within our market area who plan to attend a four-year accredited college or university are eligible. Home-schooled students are eligible by providing documentation of high school equivalency and college eligibility as an incoming freshman in the fall semester of 2017. Applicants already attending college or who are 30 years old as of February 28, 2017, will not be considered. Applications from previous years will not be considered.
- Winners are required to submit proof of matriculation during the fall semester of 2017 at an accredited college or university to receive scholarship funds, no later than December 2017.
- The Samuel A. Green Scholarship is available only to legal United States residents within Firstrust’s market area, except employees, officers and directors of Firstrust, its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and their family members (defined as spouses, children, parents, siblings, and in-laws) and those living in their households. This exclusion also applies to all persons who may become employees of Firstrust after submitting their applications.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, you must download the scholarship form through the given link:
Applicants must write an essay on the following questions, the essay should not exceed a total of 250 words, and must address the following three questions:
- How my college education will help me cultivate prosperity in my neighborhood/community.
- The essay must be no longer than 250 words, typewritten in a 12-point font with 1-inch margins, and it must be the student’s own work.
Submit proof of matriculation during the fall semester of 2017 at an accredited college or university.
Send your essay with your completed application to:
Firstrust SAG Scholarship Program,
15 East Ridge Pike, 4th Floor,
Conshohocken, PA 19428.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
To commemorate more than 80 years of unparalleled service and dedication to their customers and the community, they will award up to $50,000 in academic scholarships as follows:
- 1st prize – $10,000
- 2nd prize – $5,000
- 3rd prize – $5,000
- 4th prize – 30 additional students will receive a $1,000 award.
- Each winner is eligible for only one award.
The deadline for the 2017 Samuel A. Green scholarship is February 28, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at: scholarship-at-firstrust.com