Triangle Community Foundation is accepting the application for Felicia Brewer Opportunity Scholarship from high school students. The purpose of the scholarship is to create a life-transforming opportunity for immigrant or first generation students who have overcome significant adversity. The scholarship also provides them the chance to pursue their dreams and improve their lives through education or training. Up to $20,000 per year for four years will be given to the deserving candidates.
The Triangle Community Foundation was established in 1983. The mission of the foundation is to improve the lives of future generations by building philanthropic assets, connecting resources with needs, and providing leadership on key community issues and opportunities.
- Have attended a Chapel Hill – Carrboro City Schools district high school for a minimum of one school year, or be scheduled to complete a minimum of one year at the end of the current academic year.
- Be a high school graduate or scheduled to become a high school graduate in the year of the application, or have completed and received a GED.
- Be an immigrant to the United States who came to the country with or without parents or a first generation United States citizen of immigrant parents or guardians. Applicants may be documented or undocumented immigrants.
- Have overcome significant adversity to pursue educational goals.
- Demonstrate financial need through financial information documentation.
- Provide a completed Felicia Brewer Opportunity Scholarship application and required forms and paperwork.
- Have been accepted into an accredited college, university, community college, or trade school.
How to Apply:
You can apply for the scholarship either on-line or off-line.
- For applying on-line, you must register through the given link:
- For applying off-line, you can download the scholarship application form through the link below:
- Submit an official copy of transcripts from all high school and colleges/university you have attended.
- Proof of GED if applicable.
- SAT or ACT High School Reports should be included with transcripts, if available.
Transcripts must be postmarked by February 28th and mailed to:
Triangle Community Foundation
Attn: Felicia Brewer Opportunity Scholarship
324 Blackwell Street, Suite 1220
Durham, NC 27701
Up to $20,000 per year for four years will be given to the winning candidates. Total awards will not exceed $80,000.
You can submit your application on or before February 28, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have questions, you can contact to:
Scholarships & Donor Services Officer
Phone 919.474.8370 ext: 4015