Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT)’s goal is to make tomorrow better by partnering with ambitiously compassionate people like you. That why! Mr. and Mrs. Peter O’Donnell, Jr. are pleased to sponsor the annual “AP Arts and Music Theory Award Scholarship” to recognize four outstanding high school seniors. The purpose of the scholarship is to provide four exemplary seniors financial assistance to attend and graduate from the colleges/ universities of their choice in four consecutive years. $20,000 scholarship will be paid in eight bi-annual $2,500 increments by the Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT).
Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT) was founded in 1953 as Dallas Community Chest Trust Fund, the history of Communities Foundation of Texas tells an important story about where we have been and where we are headed.
Eligibility requirements for the AP Fine Arts Incentive Program:
- Texas resident and a U.S. citizen.
- Full-time high school senior enrolled in or received credit for (including taking the AP exam), at least, one course in the O’Donnell Foundation’s AP Fine Arts Incentive Program including AP Drawing Portfolio, AP 2D Design Portfolio, AP 3D Design Portfolio, AP Art History and AP Music Theory. If selected as a recipient, evidence of completion of at least one AP fine arts exam will be required prior to the release of any payments.
- Maintain or have maintained a 90 or higher average in, at least, one course in the O’Donnell Foundation’s AP Fine Arts Incentive Program.
- Completed a minimum of four additional AP classes and exams at the time of application submission.
- Maintain an un-weighted GPA of 3.6 or above.
- Scored a minimum of 1900 on the SAT or 28 on the ACT.
How to Apply:
To be applying, candidates can download the application from the given link:
- A Certified copy of high school transcript which includes 2016 fall semester grades and graduation ranking
- Official College Board SAT and/or ACT Exam Reports downloaded from websites as pdf files and printed.https://account.collegeboard.org/login/login?appId=301&DURL=https://studentscores.collegeboard.org/viewscore
- Official College Board AP Score Report downloaded as a pdf file from the website and printed.
- Detailed resume that includes all honors/awards, AP coursework (classes enrolled or taken, and exam grades), extracurricular activities, volunteer and paid work
- Two essay questions: Printed word document with the name in the the upper right-hand corner of each page, double-spaced, 12-point font.
- Two release agreements (Communities Foundation of Texas and AP Strategies, Inc.).
- AP Fine Arts Teacher Recommendation Form & Teacher or Professional Recommendation Form:
Pages 9-10, each to be completed, signed and submitted with typed, signed letters of recommendation in a sealed and signed envelope. Relatives are prohibited from submitting recommendations
All required materials can be postmarked and mailed in one packet to the CFT’s Donor Services Department to the following address:
Communities Foundation of Texas,
Attention: Excellence in AP® Arts, and Music Theory Award Scholarship,
5500 Caruth Haven Lane,
Dallas, Texas 75225-8146.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Each $20,000 scholarship will be paid in eight bi-annual $2,500 increments, subject to renewal criteria.
The applications can be postmarked no later than Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
Link for more Information:
If you have any question, contact at:CFT-Elizabeth Liser, 214.750.4234, eliser-at-cftexas.org or the Donor Services Department, 214.750.4222, scholarships-at-cftexas.org