The California Interscholastic Federation is now offering its “CIF Scholar Athlete of the Year Scholarship” Program. The prestigious program recognizes two (2) student-athletes based on excellence in athletics, academics, and character.The purpose of the CIF is to provide the opportunity to dramatically influence the actions of the athletic community.The two State winners (1 boy and 1 girl) will each receive a $5,000 scholarship.
The mission of the California Interscholastic Federation(CIF) is to provide equal opportunity without regard to race, gender, and ethnicity within all aspects of the athletic program for students, personnel, schools, and governance.
- The program is available to college-bound high school seniors whose academic and athletic careers have been truly exemplary and whose personal standards (i.e., integrity, honesty, etc.) and accomplishments are a positive model for others
- Students must:
- Possess no less than an unweighted cumulative (grades 9-12) grade point average of 3.50
- Have demonstrated athletic ability in at least two years of varsity play within California (must be participating in athletics as a senior)
- Most of all have portrayed themselves as athletes of character displaying the Six Pillars of Character: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
How to Apply:
Applicants can download application form through the given link: http://www.cifstate.org/parents-students/awards_and_scholarships/sa/SCHOLAR_2017_APPLICATION_FINAL.pdf
- Student Application Forms (3), including signed verification of GPA by counselor or school site records clerk. Photograph is optional
- Letters of recommendation from principal or counselor and athletic director, as well as sportsmanship statement signed by the coach
- Most recent transcript of grades
- Student essay (A maximum length of 500 words is recommended)
The application packet when returned to the CIF State Office mail to:
CIF State Office
Attn: CIF Scholar-Athlete of the Year
4658 Duckhorn Drive
Sacramento, CA 95834
Financial Aid and Award Money:
One male and one female statewide winner will each receive $5,000 as well as a visit to the State Capitol in Sacramento where they will be honored in front of the legislature.
The application must be postmarked on or no later than Tuesday, February 14, 2017, and winners will be notified by end of April 2017
Link for more Information:
If you have any question, contact at info-at-cifstate.org