The Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility is pleased to be able to offer “CCRIF Scholarship Program”. The scholarship is open to students pursuing a Masters or an MBA with a major in risk management and/or insurance or a related field. The facility provides scholarships to students at the post-graduate level to pursue study in areas related to disaster risk management. The scholarships are valued at a maximum of US$40,000 each (for extra-regional universities) or $20,000 (for regional universities).
CCRIF SPC (formerly the Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility) is a risk pooling company, owned, operated and registered in the Caribbean to serve governments in the Wider Caribbean Region and their communities in reducing the economic impact of natural catastrophes.
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Individuals who are citizens of CARICOM member countries and/or CCRIF member countries in the Caribbean
- Eligible programmes include one-year Masters-level courses in the following areas which are available at eligible regional universities or at universities in the United Kingdom/ United States/Canada:
- (Catastrophe) Risk Management
- Property/Casualty Insurance
- Other hazard/disaster related disciplines
- Eligible programmes also include an MBA with a Major in risk management and/or insurance or a related field.
- Online programmes available through eligible regional universities or at universities in the United Kingdom/ United States/Canada are also eligible for these scholarships.
- Eligible regional universities are accredited universities in any CARICOM member country or CCRIF member country.
How to Apply:
Applicants who are interested in applying for the scholarship program can go through the given link and download the application form: http://www.ccrif.org/content/scholarship
Applicants must submit the application form through online scholarship program platform at http://www.ccrif.org/content/scholarship
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The award amount of the scholarship is US$40,000 each (for extra-regional universities)
- $20,000 (for regional universities) and are specifically for those applicants who would have gained admission to a Masters level program or an MBA program
The deadline for the scholarship is June 4, 2017.
Link for More Information:
For additional information regarding scholarship, please email: ccrifscholarships-at-ccrif.org