The Builders Association is now accepting scholarship application from the Chicagoland area high school students. The foundation supports future construction leaders by offering renewable scholarships to qualified college students studying construction engineering or construction management. All applicants selected as semi-finalists must attend a personal interview with Builders Foundation representatives in their offices. The winning candidates will get a maximum of $4,000 award per year.
The Builders Association is the leading trade association serving the commercial construction industry since 1906. Its mission is to deliver exceptional value to their members through industry leadership, superior services, and innovative programs.
- Be a graduate of a Chicagoland area high school (16 counties in Illinois, southeast Wisconsin and northwest Indiana)
- Major in Construction Management or Construction Engineering (civil/environmental/mechanical)
- Attend an accredited institution from the schools listed in the application (in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Iowa or Michigan)
- Applicant must be a college sophomore or junior. Junior level applicants MUST have one full year of coursework remaining at the beginning of the Fall 2017 term
- Applicant must pursue a BS degree in an approved construction curriculum such as Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering. A dual degree with an approved construction major is acceptable
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or documented permanent resident of the United States
How to Apply:
The scholarship application can be downloaded through the given link:
• Two evaluation forms completed by the college professor, faculty advisor or career counselor.
• One evaluation form completed by an adult not related to the applicant and not a faculty member.
• Evaluation forms should be in sealed envelopes with the evaluator’s name signed across the seal.
• Official transcript in a sealed envelope(s)
Send complete application package to:
5440 W. Cumberland, Suite 302,
Chicago, IL 60656
Financial aid and Award Amount:
Scholarships will be a maximum of $4,000 per student per year and may be renewable for up to two years of undergraduate study toward a degree in an approved construction curriculum. Maximum award is $8,000 per person.
The completed application packet must be submitted by October 31, 2016.
Link for More Information:
For more information contact Abby Koppers at 773-444-0465 or akoppers-at-bldrs.org for assistance.