The BP-ENDURE program is open to sophomores or juniors in research of Neuroscience and administered by the Hunter College. The program is designed to encourage and prepare undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds to enter into and succeed in Ph.D. programs in the neurosciences. The BP-ENDURE program is a two (2) year commitment and students must participate for this length of time. Upon receiving a bachelor’s degree, a student is no longer eligible to participate. Students get a monthly stipend, professional development, graduate school application assistance and funds to attend a national conference.
Hunter College of the City University of New York, a distinguished public university, values learning in the liberal arts and sciences as a cornerstone of individual development, and a vital foundation for a more just and inclusive society.
- Sophomores or juniors that are: first-generation college students and/or economically disadvantaged and/or have a documented disability.
- Be committed to applying to a Ph.D. program in a neuroscience-related area.
- The student status must be one of the following: U.S. citizens, non-citizen nationals, or permanent residents.
- Be members of diverse group (as per NIH RFA MH-10-070), first-generation college students, economically disadvantaged, or have a documented disability
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0
How to Apply:
Applying candidates can complete the on-line scholarship application form by the given link:
- One page essay required, describing your career goals, research interests/experience, the type of neuroscience doctoral program to which you would like to apply, and any other helpful information for the admissions committee.
- Transcripts (Unofficial from homeschool & Official from transfer school)
- 2 letters of recommendation (sent by recommenders directly to program administrator)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Students get opportunities for:
- Research in Neuroscience
- Career Enrichment and Development
- One-to-One Mentoring
- Summer Research Placements at partnering universities
- Attend conferences
- Monthly stipend
The last date for submitting application form is January 31, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at bpendure-at-hunter.cuny.edu