The American Sleep Medicine Foundation (ASMF) is organizing the 2017 ASMF “Sleep Recharges You” Video Contest. The contest is open to any individual who is enrolled in high school in the United States. The program is focused on motivating teens to prioritize the importance of sleep in their lives. Students are invited to create a video (30 seconds and two minutes in length) on the importance of sleep in their lives. First prize, second prize, and people’s choice award of $1000, $500 and $250 respectively will be given to the winning candidates.
The American Sleep Medicine Foundation (ASMF) is a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) charitable and scientific organization that was established in 1998 by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM).
The Contest is open to any individual who is enrolled in high school in the United States at the time of entry.
How to Apply:
- To be applying, the candidate must create the video on the theme “motivating teens to prioritize the importance of sleep in their lives”.
- Upload your video entry to YouTube. Email the link to Laura Bentley at lbentley-at-discoversleep.org.
- Download and complete the application form through the given link: http://www.discoversleep.org/Documents/2017HSVideoEntryForm.docx
- Running Time: 30 seconds – 2 minutes, including any credits.
- Originality: Submissions must be original work of the Entrant and must not have been previously published or have won an award or prize of any kind. Previously published submissions from publicized contests will be disqualified. Submissions or works created by others will not be considered and will be disqualified.
- Style: Submissions can by in any style or genre of film or video, including animation, drama, comedy, still art, imagery or documentary.
- Copyright: Entrants must comply with the Use of Copyright Materials in Student Television Network Activities guidelines regarding copyright for their entry. Submissions must not incorporate or include anything that violates any law or the copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or another right of any third party. Proof of permission may be requested.
- Music: Any music used in the video must be created by the Entrant. Submissions containing copyrighted music, samples, files, or any other protected works that the Entrant does not have the rights to will be disqualified.
- Permission: Contestants are responsible for securing all necessary rights, licenses, clearances, releases, consents and/or permissions from any third parties that appear in the video entry in order to avoid disqualification, and the American Sleep Medicine Foundation reserves the right to request proof of ownership or permission to use any material contained in each submission.
- Candidate email application form and video link to Laura Bentley at Lbentley-at-discoversleep.org
- The Official Entry Form must include all requested information, including, without limitation, all contact information along with a Video Submission that complies with these Rules.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Winners will receive the following cash awards:
- First Place: $1,000
- Second Place: $500
- People’s Choice: $250
- The People’s Choice winner will be chosen by the general public through online voting.
The last date for submitting application form is February 20, 2017.
Link for More Information:
Contact Information: If you have any question, email at lbentley-at-discoversleep.org