More Art Organization welcomes the applications from visual and performing artists of all disciplines for the 2017 Engaging Artists Fellowship. Artists of all disciplines are eligible to apply. The fellowship is an artist-in-residence program for emerging NYC artists interested in addressing the intersecting issues of labor, immigration, globalization, and economic justice in their creative practice. Fellowship program is provided by free of cost to artists and designed to consider the working artist, with all events scheduled during evenings or weekends. The award prize in research in social practice are up to $1000 and prize in public and community arts up to $4000.
Since its inception in 2004, More Art has produced a wide range of projects reflecting the concerns and challenges of various New York City communities. More Art is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that fosters collaborations between professional artists and communities to create public art and educational programs that inspire social justice.
In order to be eligible for the fellowship, applicants must
- Visual and performing artists of all disciplines.
- Artists who work in movement and performance-based art, intermedia, interactive and participatory arts, educational theater, choreography, and writing for stage or public performance.
- Lifelong New York City residents
How to Apply:
- To be applying for fellowship, you must download the application form through the given link: https://docs.google.com/a/moreart.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfy-NOasJp_0zKFniYbeI3egtd204pOAWga3s9F0108EWYArg/viewform
- You must also email portfolio and resume / CV as a single PDF to PJ-at-moreart.org
- Your Portfolio Up to 10 work samples in the following format:
- Photography or still images/graphics (10 images)
- Link to video (only the first two minutes of the video will be viewed, Please note the starting point if it is not at 0:00)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Engaging Artists culminates in a curated exhibition and an opportunity to apply for More Art’s juried ‘Prize for Public Art’ and ‘Prize for Research in Social Practice.
- Prize in Research in Social Practice (up to $1000)
- Prize in Public and Community Arts (up to $4000)
Scholarship submission is due by Wednesday, April 5, 2017, at 11:59 PM.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions you should be e-mailed to PJ-at-moreart.org