American Psychological Foundation (APF) is offering Graduate Student Scholarships. The purpose of the scholarship program is to assist graduate students of psychology with research costs associated with the master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation. The American Psychological Association Science Directorate administers the granting of the scholarships. $1,000 to $5,000 general scholarships are given for graduate students in psychology.
Since 1953, the American Psychological Foundation (APF) has provided financial support for innovative research, scholarships and projects for students and early career psychologists, working to make a difference in people’s lives.
• Graduate students enrolled in an interim master’s program or doctoral program are eligible to apply.
• If a student is currently enrolled in a terminal master’s program, the student must intend to enroll in a Ph.D. program.
• Students at any stage of graduate study are encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates have to login through the given link and complete the application form:
• Letter of recommendation (three-page maximum) from the nominee’s graduate research advisor, with an original signature. On the online application form, there will be a space for you to enter your graduate advisor’s email address. He or she will receive a link to upload the letter.
• A brief outline of the nominee’s thesis or dissertation research project (even if in progress) along with titles and abstracts. Outlines may be single or double-spaced, margin sizes are at the discretion of each applicant, and the outline may be followed by up to two additional pages of references.
• A curriculum vitae and a transcript (an unofficial/student copy is acceptable) of all graduate coursework completed by the nominee.
APF awards 21 annual scholarships for graduate student research:
• $5,000 Charles and Carol Spielberger Scholarship
• $5,000 Harry and Miriam Levinson Scholarship
• $5,000 William and Dorothy Bevan Scholarship
• $3,000 Ruth G. and Joseph D. Matarazzo Scholarship
• $2,000 Clarence J. Rosecrans Scholarship
• $1,000 Dr. Judy Kuriansky Scholarship
• $1,000 Peter and Malina James and Dr. Louis P. James Legacy Scholarship
• $1,000 Raymond K. Mulhern Scholarship
• $1,000 William C. Howell Scholarship
The completed application must be submitted by June 30, 2016.
Link for More Information: