The Walden University provides a diverse community of career professionals with the opportunity to transform themselves as scholar-practitioners so that they can effect positive social change. Hence the University is pleased to announce the Ann “Tunky” Riley Excellence in K–12 Education Scholarship. New students who are enrolling in a Walden University program (Doctoral Degree Programs, Post-Master’s Degree Program, Master’s Degree Programs, and Bachelor’s Degree Programs) are eligible to apply for the scholarships. The university will provide awards up to four $25,000 scholarships to deserving students.
The Walden University was founded in 1970 by two teachers (Bernie and Rita Turner) who sought a way for adults in the workforce to pursue their doctoral degrees.Walden is proud to have an online learning community that is as distinctive as it is diverse. Walden practices a policy of nondiscrimination in admission to, access to, and employment in its online degree programs and activities.
To eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a new student enrolling in a Walden University program or who started no earlier than January 2017.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have not received another merit-based Walden scholarship.
- Not be employed by Laureate Education Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
- Meet all admission requirements with the university in receipt of all of the applicant’s official documentation and be fully admitted into one of the Riley College of Education and Leadership’s aforementioned programs.
- Affirm that they are willing and able to participate in all publicity efforts promoting Walden University and its programs.
- Applicants must call an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can complete the electronic scholarship application and attach your essay and resume. The link is: http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/iXE9VM9I13bouTqOlZY51a
- Write an essay of no more than 1,000 words describing how you contributed to advancing positive social change in one or more of the following areas:
- Influencing the lives of others
- Mentoring a colleague
- Making a positive impact in your community
- Submit a current copy of their résumé or CV.
Financial Aid and Award money:
The scholarship awards up to four $25,000 scholarships† to new students who are interested in enrolling in one of the following programs:
- Doctoral Degree Programs
- Post-Master’s Degree Program
- Master’s Degree Programs
- Bachelor’s Degree Programs
Scholarship award can be applied to a student’s tuition.
The application deadline is May 31, 2017, and winners will be announced in Mid-August 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, call an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336 for more information.