The Women’s Western Golf Foundation (WWGF) has put forward the “WWGF FoundationScholarships” to high school senior girls who intend to graduate in the year of application. The purpose of the foundation is to provide financial assistance to universities & colleges with inadequately funded women’s golf programs. Candidates will be selected on the basis of academics achievement, financial need, the excellence of character, and an involvement in the sport of golf. The foundation will worth amount of $8,000 over four years. $2,000 (two thousand dollars) per year is applied toward tuition, room & board, and other university fees or charges.
The Women’s Western Golf Foundation (WWGF) is a National Charitable Trust formed in 1971. Since inception 45 years ago, it has granted in excess of $3.5 million to more than 650 undergraduate scholars from 45 States.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be high school senior girls who intend to graduate in the year of application.
- Must be U.S. citizens.
- Must meet entrance requirements of and plan to enroll at an accredited four-year college or university. But community colleges do not qualify.
- Must complete the “federal student aid report” to be filed with the U.S.
- The government, Department of Education, between January 1st and March 1st.
- A free application form, FAFSA, may be obtained from the high school counseling center.
How to Apply:
To be applying, candidates can download the application form from the given link:
Candidate can complete the form after October 1st and send via USPS before March 1st, to:
Mrs. Frederick G. Wacker,
WWGF Scholarship Selection Director
611 Westminster Road,
Lake Forest, IL 60045.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Award winners receive a grant in the amount of $8,000 over four years.
- Two thousand dollars ($2,000) per year is applied toward tuition, room & board, and other university fees or charges.Money is sent directly to the University.
- The Scholarship is renewable each year, for four years, if the student meets the following requirements:
- Continuing financial need
- Grade point average above the 3.0 level
- Annual submission of required information in a timely manner
- The application forms can be filed with the U.S. Government between January 1st and March 1st.
- Deadline for the final application and the SAR report is April 5th. There will be no exceptions. All applicants will be notified by the WWGF by the middle of May.
Link for more Information: