Are you a New Mexico high school senior girl who has an interest in technology? The Falling Colors Foundation is now offering the Women in Technology Scholarship Essay Contest for female students. To be eligible for the contest, the applicant must be must be 12th-grade students who are currently enrolled in a New Mexico high school. The aim of the program is to promoting of education and the technology development in New Mexico. The Foundation will provide a $2500 Scholarship to winning candidate.
The Falling Colors Foundation is a Santa Fe-based non-profit organization promoting education and technology development in New Mexico. Falling Colors is a Santa Fe-based company providing innovative services, data collection & analysis solutions for New Mexico behavioral health programs.
- To be eligible, the applicant must be a female 12th-grade student currently enrolled in a New Mexico high school.
- Relatives or friends of Falling Colors employees are not eligible to enter.
How to Apply:
- To apply, the applicant may submit essay through the given link: http://fallingcolorsfoundation.org/essaycontest.html
- To enter, students must submit an 800-1200 word personal essay that answers some or all of the following questions (Essays must be the original work of the student):
- What about technology interests you?
- Have you ever worked on a technology project? If so, what did you learn?
- How do you think technology can be used to improve lives?
- What technological skills are you interested in pursuing?
- Essays must include the following at the top of the first page: your name, your school’s name, your mailing address, your (or your parent’s/guardian’s) phone number, your (or your parent’s/guardian’s) email address. This information should not be included in the word count of your essay.
- Essays must be submitted in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format only.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The winner of the contest will be awarded a $2500 scholarship, a trip to Santa Fe with a parent or other adult chaperone, and a personal interview and lunch with the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
All entries must be submitted to The Falling Colors Foundation no later than 5 p.m., May 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: