The Woman of Distinction Network Organization is proud to announce its annual scholarship program for senior level high school student or for those who are already attending a technical college or four-year institution. The organization will provide positive mentorship to young females as they transition into adulthood, motivate women, and enhance the lives of citizens in need within our community. Women of Distinction Network will provide five recipients with a new laptop computer that can assist with the cost incurred for a higher education.
A Woman of Distinction Network is a non-profit organization founded in 2011 by several professional women in South Carolina. The organization consists of a group of women who are goal oriented and highly motivated to initiate change in our communities.
- Applicant must be registered in a technical college or four-year institution.
- Applicant must be a senior level high school student or already attending a technical college or four-year institution.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident with a permanent resident ID card.
- Applicant must be present for the organization’s Scholarship Banquet to receive the award.
- Applicant must be willing to take a picture to upload on the organization’s website (Your picture will only be displayed for scholarship award purposes. WODN will not use your picture in any other capacity)
How to Apply:
The candidates must download the application form applying for the scholarship. Link for downloading the scholarship form: http://www.wodn.org/uploads/Women_of_Distinction_Network_Scholarship_2017.pdf
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form (if hand was written, please print legibly)
- Two (2) character references that can say how you’ve made a positive change.
- College acceptance letter and enrollment form. Proof of enrollment must be provided before receiving a laptop.
- Letter of application addressed to WODN stating their intent to apply for the scholarship.
- Personal essay.
Applicants can mail or email their complete application with all supporting material to:
Women of Distinction Network
ATTN: Scholarship Coordinator
P.O. Box 291273
Columbia, SC 29229
Email at: wodnsc-at-gmail.com
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Women of Distinction Network will provide approximately five recipients with a brand new laptop computer that rewards students who have made a positive change in their lives.
The deadline for scholarship application is February 26, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at wodnsc-at-gmail.com.