The Wisconsin Concrete Pavement Association’s purpose and goal are to promote and advance the concrete pavement industry to benefit the taxpayers and roadway users of Wisconsin. Therefore, in order to encourage and support the future for our industry they annually offer Wisconsin Concrete Pavement Association Scholarship. The student must be at least an undergraduate student with junior level status or higher, to be considered for the scholarship. Five scholarships are available at the award amount $1,000 each.
Wisconsin Concrete Pavement Association is an association of construction companies that primarily pave Portland Cement Concrete pavement on Wisconsin’s highways, airports, and municipal streets.
- The student must be a pursuing a Bachelor or Masters of Science in Civil Engineering degree.
- All Civil Engineering Students are eligible with special consideration given to students with undergraduate students that are junior/senior status or graduate student status with an emphasis in transportation, construction management, or materials engineering
- The student must be at least an undergraduate student with junior level status or higher.
- The emphasis in course work must be in transportation, construction or materials engineering.
- The student must supply one written reference from a professor from their university.
How to Apply:
For Apply the scholarship, the candidate must download the application form. The link is:
Candidate must attach those documents with the application form:
- A current college/university transcript.
- A listing of the courses being taken during the fall 2016 semester.
- A written reference from a college/university professor.
- Please provide a short one paragraph long written response to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in a career in the transportation/highway industry?
- What extra-curricular activities are you involved in while attending your university (include employment)?
- Do you have any work experience within the transportation industry?
- Tell about yourself, i.e. hobbies, interests, accomplishments, goals, financial responsibilities, family, etc.
- Explain the importance of a good highway and municipal street infrastructure to your hometown.
All the application material must be submitted to:
Kevin W. McMullen, P.E., President
Wisconsin Concrete Pavement Association
4001 Nakoosa Trail, Suite 101
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Five scholarships will be given to the winners each award amount of $1,000.
December 16, 2016, is the deadline for “The Wisconsin Concrete Pavement Association Scholarship” Program.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at kmcmullen-at-wisconcrete.org