The 2017 Winter and Spring Spectrum SportsNet Championship Drive Program (the “Contest”) is presented by Shakey’s Pizza. It provides eligible individuals (the “Nominators”) with the opportunity to nominate a high school senior to be named a Spectrum SportsNet Championship Drive Scholar Athlete. A $2,500 scholarship will be provided directly to the accredited college or university in which the winners enroll following their high school graduation. Scholarship must be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies and/or equipment required for study for the 2017 – 2018 school year.
Shakey’s Pizza is a pizza restaurant chain based in the United States. Founded in 1954, it was the first franchise pizza chain in the United States. The chain currently has about 500 stores globally, and about 60 in the United States.
- Reside in Southern California, Hawaii, Nevada or anywhere that Spectrum SportsNet is available (“the Territory”)
- Be high school seniors (or equivalent, e.g. planning on attending a college or university in the fall of 2017) in the Territory
- Be on the official roster of at least one (1) varsity athletics team corresponding to the season in which a nomination is submitted
- Have an excellent academic record
- Be involved in extra-curricular activities (e.g. band, newspaper/yearbook, etc.) and/or be active in their local community either through their school or volunteering on their own time
How to Apply:
- The candidates are required to submit the online nomination form. The link is: http://spectrumchamp.com/#nominationform
- Minors must have a parent/legal guardian’s permission to submit a nomination and you must complete the entire nomination form or nominee will not be considered.
Nominators must also upload a no more than three hundred (300) word recommendation letter (in .word or .pdf format) pertaining to the Nominee and his/her accomplishments
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Up to four (4) Prizes are available (one (1) male and one (1) female for each sport season (winter, spring) of the Contest). Each Prize consists of a $2,500 scholarship for the selected Nominee.
The completed application must be received by March 3, 2017.
Link for More Information: