“Win an Accounting or Finance Scholarship” is sponsored by Xero Accounting Software. The scholarship is available for U.S. citizens. As Xero knows that the more of the talented folks there are, the better business world will function that’s why they are offering $5,000 scholarship towards a degree focused on accounting, economics or finance.
Xero is the global leader in online accounting with over 500,000 paying customers in over 180 countries. Xero provides free reporting and practice management software to our partners that simplify running an accounting practice or bookkeeping business.
- Must be legal US residents
- Must be currently enrolled full-time at an accredited university or business school in the US
How to apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must write an essay (500-700 words) on one of the following topic:
- How is cloud technology changing the world of accounting, finance and/or economics? What impact do you see this having on your career?
- What changes do you predict the accounting industry will face in the next decade? How do you (1) intend to react to these changes and (2) contribute to the industry?
- What compels you to study accounting, economics and/or finance? What role does technology play in your chosen industry and how will you use it in your career?
- The candidates must submit Transcript:
High school graduate (or equivalent): 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
University or business school: 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- One letter of recommendation
The candidates can submit essay, transcript and letter of recommendation to: submissions-at-xero.com.
One award of $5,000 scholarship amount will be given to the winning candidate.
To be considered for scholarship, the candidates must submit application packet on or before August 31, 2015.
Link for More Information: