White House Fellows Foundation and Association is looking for individuals who individuals who have completed their undergraduate degree through their White House Fellows Program. The purpose of the fellowship program is to provide gifted and highly motivated young Americans with some first-hand experience in the process of governing the Nation and a sense of personal involvement in the leadership of society. The White House Fellows program is one of America’s most prestigious programs for leadership and public service. Fellows will receive a competitive salary during their one-year fellowship.
The President’s Commission on White House Fellowships, established by President Lyndon B. Johnson by Executive Order 11183, is composed of twenty to thirty outstanding citizens who represent a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and professions.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Employees of the Federal government are not eligible unless they are career military personnel.
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate education by the time they begin the application process.
- There are no formal age restrictions. However, the Fellowship program was created to give selected Americans the experience of government service early in their careers.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates can login or register through the given link. After that, they are able to complete the application form.
- Create a login and password using this Register Link: https://fellows.whitehouse.gov/CreateAccount.aspx
- If you are returning to this website, Login through the given link: https://fellows.whitehouse.gov/Login.aspx
- The application has six major sections:
- Personal Information
Financial aid and Award Money:
- Fellows are considered Federal employees and receive a competitive salary during their one-year fellowship. Military personnel, however, maintain their current salary and benefits.
- White House Fellows typically spend a year as full-time, paid assistants to senior White House Staff, the Vice President, Cabinet Secretaries and other top-ranking government officials.
The application deadline is January 11, 2017, at 5:59 p.m. EST.
Link for More Information:
If you have additional questions about the program, please contact our program office at whitehousefellows-at-whf.eop.gov or (202) 395-4522. If you encounter technical difficulties with your application, please contact WHFApplication-at-opm.gov.