Western Governors University (WGU) encourages applications from all individuals who have the capacity and determination to complete a rigorous competency-based online degree program. They need more women at the table (including sitting at the head). It’s good for business, good for the economy, and good for all of us as a culture. That’s why they are offering the WGU Women in Leadership Scholarship, worth up to $2,000 ($500 per term up to four terms), to women who are ready to ramp up their careers, break through that glass ceiling, and share what they have to offer the workplace.
WGU is very mission driven. Created to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU’s mission has remained one of helping hardworking adults meet their educational goals and improve their career opportunities.
- WGU is only accepting applications from individuals living in the U.S., Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, as well as from U.S. military personnel and their families at overseas installations.
- WGU Washington is also now accepting applications from Canadian residents in certain select geographic areas. (An Enrollment Counselor has more information about which areas are eligible to submit applications.)
How to Apply:
- The candidates must complete the application form of admission through the given link: https://www.wgu.edu/wgu/app/app_step0
- Complete the scholarship application form. They can sign in through the given link: https://wgu.academicworks.com/users/sign_in
- You should complete the FAFSA form. The link is: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Scholarship value is$2,000 maximum. This scholarship will be credited to your account at the rate of $500 per six-month term, renewable for up to four terms.
Application deadline is March 31, 2017.
Link for More Information: