The Western Reserve Herb Society (WRHS) is now offering two (2) undergraduate scholarships for the year 2017-2018 named as the “Western Reserve Herb Society Scholarship” and the “Frances Sylvia Zverina Scholarship”. The programs are open to undergraduate students who are studying horticulture or related fields such as landscape architecture or horticultural therapy. The purpose of the program is to help those students whose career goals involve teaching/research, sustainable agriculture or work in the public or nonprofit sector and sustainable agriculture.The scholarship awards of $12,500 & $9500 amount will be made to the student who has demonstrates financial need and plans a career in horticulture and allied fields.
The WRHS was founded on May 22, 1942, by a group of educationally-minded, vivacious women who delighted in the horticultural, medicinal and culinary aspects of herbs.
- Frances Sylvia Zverina Scholarship:
- Applicants must have completed one full year of college.
- Students entering their 2nd/Sophomore, 3rd/Junior, 4th/Senior, or 5th year in a 5-year undergraduate program are eligible also.
- Student applicants must be attending an accredited college or university in Ohio.
- Western Reserve Herb Society Scholarship:
- Applicants must have completed two full years of college.
- Students entering their 3rd/Junior, 4th/Senior, or 5th year in a 5-year undergraduate program are eligible also.
- Student applicants must be attending an accredited college or university in the United States.
How to Apply:
To applying, the candidate can complete the on-line application and attach assays through the given link:
- WHRSapplication: http://www.westernreserveherbsociety.org/scholarship-programs/whrs-online-scholarship-application/
- Zverinaapplication: http://www.westernreserveherbsociety.org/scholarship-programs/zverina-online-scholarship-application/
- Submit two (2) separate essays each between 600-1000 words, adding anything else you consider pertinent to the application. Include the following:
- In your first essay write a description of why you believe you are deserving of financial aid including what personal efforts you are making to meet your financial obligations.
- In your second essay, describe your career and personal goals based upon your academic major. It is understood that these may change over time but how will you use your talents and education to make our world a better place for future generations?
- Official transcripts: Official college transcripts from all colleges attended
- Three (3) recommendations: Have forwarded two (2) from professors and one (1) from an employer
Candidate can e-mail transcripts and recommendation letters to Scholarship-at-westernreserveherbsociety.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The award will be sent directly to the financial aid office for payment toward tuition and books.
- The Frances Sylvia Zverina Scholarship: A $12,500 scholarship will be awarded to a deserving undergraduate student
- The Western Reserve Herb Society Scholarship: A $9,500 scholarship will be awarded to a deserving undergraduate student
The application deadline to apply is April 1, 2017.
Link for more Information:
For more information or questions, contact us at scholarship-at-westernreserveherbsociety.org