The Washington of Certified Public Accountants Foundation is pleased to offer scholarships to accounting students, who are currently attending an accredited college or university in the State of Washington and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. The Washington CPA Foundation provides an opportunity to help even more students on the path to pursue their dream of being a CPA. Fifty (50) winners will get up to more the $5,000 scholarship for tuition only.
The Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants is the only organization in the state of Washington dedicated to serving the professional needs of CPAs, educating consumers about CPAs and the services they provide, and encouraging students to study accounting and enter the profession.
To be eligible for one of these scholarships, you must be an accounting major and:
- Attend an accredited college or university within the state of Washington
- Be entering junior year or higher in fall 2017, the fifth year, masters and Ph.D. candidates, as well as community college transfers, are encouraged to apply
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4 point scale) (or equivalent) in accounting courses and overall
- Be involved in on-campus, off-campus or community activities, or hold a job
How to Apply:
To be applying, candidates can register and start participating in WSCPA Scholarship today. The link is:
Applications are to be completed online and require the following:
- Current resume including jobs, internships (paid or unpaid), volunteer positions and leadership roles on campus or in the community
- Transcripts (official or unofficial from all colleges attended)
- Documentation of accounting major (having “Accounting” listed as major on the current transcript will suffice).
- Two letters of recommendation on company or university letterhead. At least one must be a faculty member, employer, mentor or a licensed CPA. Letters of reference must be submitted online through the application portal.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The Washington CPA Foundation is offering over $250,000 in scholarships to accounting students attending an accredited college or university.
- Scholarships are for tuition only and will be paid directly to the college or university listed.
The deadline for scholarship application is February 14, 2017, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at foundation-at-wscpa.org