The Walgreen Company, an American pharmaceutical company, has put forward its Walgreens Pharmacy Educational Assistance Programs named as Pre-Pharmacy Program and Professional Educational Assistance Program. The programs are designed to help you with the financial assistance that you need through the two years of pre-pharmacy coursework, as well as the four years of study devoted specifically to a pharmacy in an accredited pharmacy school. Both the programs offer $2,500 to the winning candidates.
Through a strategic transaction with Europe’s Alliance Boots, Walgreens Company has created the first global, pharmacy-led health and well-being enterprise.
Eligibility for the Walgreens Pre-Pharmacy Student Educational Assistance Program:
To participate in the Pre-Pharmacy Educational Assistance Program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 1,040 hours of employment with Walgreens.
- Be in your first professional year of pharmacy school or be accepted into your first year of professional pharmacy school for the next semester.
- Provide documentation of acceptance into an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Provide tuition receipts from your pre-pharmacy coursework.
- Be recommended by your Walgreens Pharmacy Supervisor, District Manager, and the Educational Assistance Program Committee.
Eligibility for the Walgreens Pharmacy Student Professional Educational Assistance Program:
To participate in the program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be in one of your last four years of professional pharmacy school.
- Be a past or present Walgreens employee.
- Be recommended by your Pharmacy Supervisor, District Manager, and the Educational Assistance Program Committee.
How to Apply:
The application is a 2-step process. You begin by filling out your personal information and follow by choosing the award you wish to apply for. You should follow the given steps:
- To obtain your user ID and password, contact your District Pharmacy Supervisor and explain that you are interested in the program.
- If you do not know who your District Pharmacy Supervisor is, you can call or email Educational Assistance Coordinators at 866-967-5492 orpeap-at-walgreens.com.
- If your District Pharmacy Supervisor would like you to participate in the program, they will send you an email from online system with the user ID and password you will need to complete the application
- The Walgreens Pre-Pharmacy Student Educational Assistance Program provides $2,500 for required pre-pharmacy courses.
- The Walgreens Pharmacy Student Professional Educational Assistance Program offers $2,500 per year for each year that a student participates.
Applications for the 2016 school year will be accepted based on your graduation date:
- 2016-2019 graduates who have previously received an Educational Assistance Award—September 1st, 2015 through July 31st, 2016.
- 2016-2019 graduates who have not previously received an Educational Assistance Award—January 1st, 2016 through July 31st, 2016.
Link for More Information: