Villanova University’s the Department of Education and Counseling is offering a limited number of graduate assistantships for full-time students. Graduate Assistants often have the opportunity to publish scholarly work with Department faculty and to present research at research conferences across the nation. The full-time assistantship is awarded on a competitive basis and currently provides a stipend, payable in nine installments, and a waiver of all tuition and fees for a minimum of 9 and a maximum of 12 credits per semester.
A premier institution of higher education, Villanova University provides a comprehensive education rooted in the liberal arts, a shared commitment to the Augustinian ideals of truth, unity and love, and a community dedicated to service to others.
The Excellent Candidate Will:
- Demonstrate a passion for advancing research and practice in the fields of Education and Counseling
- Have demonstrated excellence in their undergraduate educational endeavors and professional work experience
- Demonstrate leadership and professionalism
- Have experience conducting research (qualitative and/or quantitative)
- Have strong writing skills
- Have a high level of organization
- Have the ability to multitask, be flexible, and schedule time well
- Have personal characteristics of integrity, concern for others, and a drive for excellence
How to Apply:
To be enter in assistantship program, you are required to download the application form, complete it and send it. The link is: https://www1.villanova.edu/content/villanova/artsci/education/graduate/academics/counselhr/assistantships/_jcr_content/pagecontent/download/file.res/Counseling%20GA%20Application%2011.2016.pdf
With your application, you can also provide:
- A one-page letter of intent including why you desire a graduate assistantship in the Department of Education and Counseling, and what you hope to gain from the experience
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- A skills rationale
You can mail or email all application material.
- Mail all materials to the following address:
Attention: Graduate Assistant Coordinator
Department of Education and Counseling
302 St Augustine Center
Villanova University, Villanova, PA, 19085
- E-mail all materials to the Graduate Assistant Coordinator: Ed.couns.ga-at-villanova.edu
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The full-time assistantship is awarded on a competitive basis and currently provides a stipend, payable in nine installments, and a waiver of all tuition and fees for a minimum of 9 and a maximum of 12 credits per semester
- In return, the graduate assistant is required to work in the Department 20 hours each week and, with the exception of a Resident Assistantship, may not take additional employment on campus or elsewhere
The deadline for CHR Graduate Assistant applications is January 2, 2017.
Link for More Information: