Vectorworks has announced their third annual Vectorworks Design Scholarship open to all who are enrolled in the design-based program. To participate in the design competition, the candidates must be graduated no later than 2015 or a currently enrolled student. They are required to submit an original design project in order to be considered for this award. The Vectorworks Design Scholarship seeks to promote excellence in design and observe how the next generation will transform the world. No fewer than (10) ten Vectorworks Design Scholarship awards will be presented. A number of awards will be given, ranges between $1,000 USD and $3,000 USD and varies by locale.
Vectorworks Inc. cares about design. Since 1985, we have served the architecture, landscape, and entertainment industries, drawing inspiration from the world around us and encouraging the more than half a million designers who use our software to create experiences that transform the world.
- The Scholarship is open only to students enrolled in a design-based program during the 2016-2017 academic years or who graduated from a design program in 2015 or 2016.
- Who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who do not reside in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria.
- Employees of Vectorworks, Inc. and its distributors, partners, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related are not eligible.
How to Apply:
In order to apply Vectorworks Design Scholarship program, candidates can apply only online through the given link: http://www.vectorworks.net/scholarship/en/apply
The ten Vectorworks Design Scholarship awards will be presented based on judges’ rating of Submissions in accordance with the published rubric, which is based on the following criteria:
- Design Quality
- Concept and Originality
- Presentation and
- Explanation of design
Students are encouraged to submit their design:
- Submit the application form
- Upload a project file in PDF, .mp4, or .mov format not larger than 100 MB
- Winners of Vectorworks Design Scholarships will automatically be entered to win the Richard Diehl Award
- No hard copies will be accepted
- A few short answers explaining your proposal are also required along with the entrants’ personal information, including name, school, address, and email
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Prizes awarded include:
- A number of recipients depend on amount and quality of Submissions as determined by judges. A number of awards range between $1,000 USD and $3,000 USD and varies by locale and determined by local county rules and exchange rates as of August 18, 2017.
- One $7,000 USD selected as Richard Diehl Award recipient from among the recipients of Vectorworks Design Scholarship awards.
- Vectorworks Designer licenses for recipients’ schools’ labs.
- Media coverage and networking opportunities.
- Other benefits, which vary based on recipient’s country of residence.
Submissions for the 2017 Vectorworks Design Scholarship are due July 15, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at academicteam-at-vectorworks.net.