Do you have a bold, disruptive idea to make cars more intelligent, intuitive, environmentally-friendly and fun? University students from around the world, who are passionate to make the car of 2030, are invited to enter the 2017 edition of the Valeo Innovation Challenge. The aim of contest is to reward an innovative automobile-related project that is the product of the imagination of students worldwide. The Challenge will reward your passion, creativity, and ambition in one of two categories: “Technological innovation” or “New ways to use cars”. Winners in each category will receive €100,000, while runner-ups will receive a prize of €10,000.
Valeo is an automotive supplier, partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technology company, we design innovative solutions for smart mobility, with a particular focus on intuitive driving and reducing CO2 emission.
- The contest is open to students worldwide who have completed their high school education and their academic teachers (maximum of one teacher per team), with one entry per person (same name and same e-mail address)
- Contest entrants must be able to travel outside their country of residence and possess, by October 2017, a passport that is still valid for six months after the date scheduled for the prize giving (October 2017)
How to Apply:
The candidates must follow the given steps to be entering in scholarship contest:
- To enter the contest, complete the on-line form on the Internet site:
- Entrants must compete in teams made up of between two and a maximum of five people (and may include an academic teacher)
- The projects submitted must meet the following criteria and technical constraints:
- Documents must be drafted in English
- Phase 1 – Presentation of the project (3 pages maximum) with illustrations authorized (photos, diagrams).
- Phase 2 – Creation of a proof of concept and/or any other communication media to render the technological innovation or the idea (a new way to use cars) concrete, along with a 20-page written document.
- Phase 3- Presentation of the project to the members of the jury.
Financial aid and Award Money:
- The first prize of €100,000 will be awarded on completion of the contest in each of the following categories:
- The innovation prize for the best technological innovation
- The best idea prizes for a new way to use cars
- The second prize for each in these two categories is €10,000.
The contest starts on October 14, 2016, and the deadline for entries is Tuesday, January 31, 2017, at 12 noon, Paris time.
Link for More Information:
Candidates may send in questions at any time to the following address: questionsvaleoinnovationchallenge.mailbox-at-valeo.com.