United States Association of Blind Athletes (USABA) is pleased to announce the 2015 USABA Scholarship Program, including the I C You Foundation Valor Achievement Award and the Arthur E. and Helen Copeland Scholarships. Both the Valor Achievement Award and the Copeland Scholarships will be awarded to one male and one female athlete each in the amount of five hundred dollars.
United States Association of Blind Athletes (USABA) was founded by Dr. Charles Buell in 1976 with the purpose of improving the lives of people who are blind and visually impaired.
1) Applicants who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for I C You Foundation Valor Achievement Award
- Legally blind
- Enrolled in a two or four-year college, university or technical school
- Current cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better
- Current member of USABA
2)Applicants who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for The Arthur E. and Helen Copeland Scholarship:
- Current USABA member
- Must have been an active participant in a USABA event
- Legally blind
- Enrolled or enrolling in a 2 or 4 year college, university or technical school as a full time student
Citizen of the United States
How to Apply:
For applying both scholarships the applicants should send the following information via email to Matt Simpson at msimpson-at-usaba.org.
- Current college or university
- Brief cover letter and personal biography including your involvement with sport and USABA
- Essay of no more than 300 words about the role and importance of sport in your life
The Arthur E. and Helen Copeland Scholarships are awarded to one male (Arthur E. Copeland Scholarship) and one female (Helen Copeland Scholarship) in the amount of $500, respectively.
The applications for both the scholarships are due to USABA by August 1, 2015.
Link for More Information:
The applicants can contact to Matt Simpson at msimpson-at-usaba.org or (719)866-3019 for more information.