The University of Houston-Victoria is glad to announce its international scholarship program named as “UHV International Student Merit Scholarship”. All undergraduate and graduate F-1 and J-1 international students are eligible to apply for the scholarship program. UHV is committed to enrolling a student body that includes students from around the world. The interactions among students with different backgrounds and experiences create a dynamic environment in which to learn and live. The scholarship covers tuition and fees cost and other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies.
The University of Houston–Victoria is a four-year state university and one of four distinct institutions in the University of Houston System. Its campus spans 20 acres in Victoria, with a satellite location at UH System Center in Katy.
In order to participate in the scholarship, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted to UHV and registered full-time (minimum of 12 credits for undergraduate and minimum of 9-credits for graduate). Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to UHV.
- U.S. Transfer International students must be in good academic and immigration status.
- If the recipient is a new international student to UHV, the student must attend the mandatory International Student Orientation
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate students and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for graduate students throughout the duration of the scholarship.
- Contribute 10 volunteer hours every semester (fall and spring) to UHV, Victoria community, showcasing/sharing your culture.
How to Apply:
Applicants can download the application form through the given link:
Applicant must submit the complete application packet at INTERNATIONAL-at-UHV.EDU With Subject Line “Merit Scholarship”.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The scholarship will be provided to student’s tuition and fees cost to reflect the residency tuition rate. Other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, and health insurance are not included in this scholarship. The scholarship award can only be used for study at UHV.
- Fall semester deadline: June 15th
- Spring semester deadline: November 15th
Link for More Information: