The Taiwan-United States Sister Relations Alliance (TUSA) is offering Summer Ambassador Scholarship for college/university undergraduate/graduate students who are interested in studying Mandarin (Chinese) language and learning about Taiwanese culture. A unique program specially designed for students who will be representing their state as well as the United States, acting as ambassadors to Taiwan. Scholarship covers tuition, dormitory, accident insurance, free excursions; host family weekend, and a one-on-one language exchange partner
The Taiwan-United States Sister Relations Alliance (TUSA) is registered with the Secretary of State of Arkansas. It is a tax-exempt non-profit, non-governmental organization, subject to the laws of both Arkansas and the United States of America.
- Only citizens of the United States can apply.
- A U.S. passport is essential for traveling abroad. You should apply for your passport at least 3 months before departure if you don’t already have one.
- Ideal applicants are American citizens who neither hold a Taiwan passport nor claim Taiwanese or Chinese heritage and who fall into the following category of eligibility:
- You must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an institution of higher education in the United States, and
- You must have a GPA at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale.
- You also must be of a good moral character, as judged by those who recommend you. All levels of Chinese (Mandarin) proficiency are acceptable; there is no requirement of prior language experience.
How to Apply:
You can apply on-line for TUSA Summer Ambassador Scholarship by using the given link:
- Candidates must upload a copy of your student I.D. to the online TUSA application form,
- Candidates had two letters of recommendation [preferably from your professors] uploaded to our recommendation form.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The scholarship covers tuition, dormitory, accident insurance (includes outpatient medical, but no hospitalization), free excursions; host family weekend, and a one-on-one language exchange partner. You are responsible for airfare to and from Taiwan, meals, minor utilities, and additional spending money.
The application deadline is February 15th, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, you can contact at http://taiwanusalliance.com/contact/