The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and Ford Motor Company Fund has established a scholarship named as “TMCF | FORD Blue Oval Scholarship”. The scholarship is open to African-American male high school senior who have current grade point average of 3.0 or higher. The scholarship is intended to create a pipeline for employers to highly qualified member-school students and alumni. The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) will fund $6,200 for the 2017-2018 academic school year.
Thurgood Marshall College Fund is the nation’s largest organization exclusively representing the Black College Community. Through scholarships, capacity building and research initiatives, innovative programs, and strategic partnerships, TMCF is a vital resource in the PK-12 and higher education space. The organization is also the source of top employers seeking top talent for competitive internships and good jobs. TMCF is a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt, charitable organization.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Be enrolled as a full-time freshman student at one of TMCF’s 47 member schools for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Be an African-American male high school senior
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
How to Apply:
Applicants can go to the given link and create a Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) Account to apply for the scholarship program.
Please submit the following supporting documents along with your application:
- Resume (include community service, leadership and employment/internship experience)
- 2017-2018 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent transcript (unofficial or official transcript)
- Recommendation Letter from current school faculty member
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The scholar who will select for the scholarship will receive $6,200 for the 2017-2018 academic school year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board and required textbooks purchased from member schools.
- Funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $3,100 per semester.
The deadline for the application is May 07, 2017, 11:59 pm EST.
Link for More Information: