The Vegetarian Resource Group (VRG) is glad to announce the Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship for graduating U.S. high school students, who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools and/or communities. The candidates must demonstrate compassion, courage, and a strong commitment to promoting a peaceful world through a vegetarian diet/lifestyle through this scholarship. One award of $10,000 and two awards of $5,000 will be given each year to the winning candidates.
The Vegetarian Resource Group (VRG) is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to educating the public on vegetarianism and veganism and the interrelated issues of health, nutrition, ecology, ethics, and world hunger.
- Graduating U.S. high school students who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools and/or communities.
- Vegetarians do not eat meat, fish, or fowl. Vegans are vegetarians who do not use other animal products such as dairy or eggs
How to Apply:
In order to apply for the scholarship, you must complete the application form that can download through the given link: https://www.vrg.org/student/scholarship_form.pdf
- A copy of your transcripts or report cards for the past two years. (An official copy is not necessary. Photocopies of your report cards will suffice.)
- Three or more recommendations (including at least one teacher).
- Any documentation related to your promotion of vegetarianism in high school and/or community including photographs, newspaper stories, etc.
- Submit an essay.
The applicant can mail the complete application packet to:
The Vegetarian Resource Group
P.O. Box 1463
Baltimore, MD 21203
Financial Aid and Award Money:
One award of $10,000 and two awards of $5,000 will be given to the winning candidates.
The last date for submitting application form is February 20, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at vrg-at-vrg.org or call (410) 366-8343.