The Project Paradigm Foundation believes in the power of youth and they encourage each participant to build on this experience and find additional ways to affect positive change in the world. That’s why they have designed an annual competition the “Paradigm Challenge” to inspire youth (whose aged 4 to 18) to use kindness, creativity, and collaboration (in addition to STEM skills) to make a difference. The Challenge aims to generate new ideas to reduce waste in homes, schools, communities, and around the world.The top 100 teams will win cash prizes from $200 to the $100,000 Grand Prize. Up to 4 members from the top 3 teams will also receive a 4-day/3-night trip to Los Angeles to attend The Paradigm Challenge Prize Ceremony.
Project Paradigm, a private foundation headquartered in Los Angeles, California. It offers an annual competition “Paradigm Challenge“ that inspires youth aged 4 to 18 to affect positive change in the world.
The Challenge is open only to individuals who:
- Will be aged 4 to 18 years old on May 1, 2017
- Have their parents’/legal guardians’ permission to participate in The Challenge
- Are NOT residents of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, the Crimea Region, or any other United States sanctioned country?
How to Apply:
To get started interested candidate may click your favorite network or enter an email and create a password below the given link: http://www.projectparadigm.org/
Each Entry must include the following (collectively, an “Entry”):
- Team name (even if participating alone)
- Team member information, including each member’s first name, last initial, month and year of birth, and email (if any team members are under 13 years old, the email of a parent or guardian for each member under 13 must be provided)
- Brief statement of idea (140 characters or less)
- Category of idea
- Explanation of idea
- Uploaded files and/or video embed codes (optional)
- Responses to questions regarding the team’s participation in The Challenge.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The top 100 student teams will win cash prizes as given blow.
- 100 cash prizes
- $100,000 Grand prize (1), $5,000 First place prizes (2), $2,000 Second place prizes (3), $1,000 Third place prizes (3), $200 Finalist prizes (91).
- La awards ceremony
- Top 3 teams will win a trip to Los Angeles that includes: Hotel & Airfare, Limo to Ceremony, Tuxedo/Dress Rental, Tickets to Cool Stuff, Spending Cash
The registration period for The Challenge begins at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on July 25, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on May 1, 2017. (The “Registration Period”)
Link for more Information: