The Nsoro Foundation is proud to be announcing an exciting “Nsoro scholarship” opportunity for foster care students.The scholarship program is opened for high school graduate or equivalent who have a high school cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and a SAT score of over 900/ACT over 21. The scholarship program supports you as you matriculate on to college or trade school. The Awards range from $1,000 – $10,000 for the scholarship.
The Nsoro is an Educational Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to cultivate a “circle of support” that nurtures and provides guidance to children in foster care, kinship care and those who have aged out of care.
To receive the scholarship program, a beneficiary must:
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent and have a high school cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and a SAT score of over 900/ACT over 21.
- Have been accepted into or expect to be accepted into an accredited, Pell-eligible college or another post-secondary school.
- Plan to attend school as a full-time
- Be under the age of 25 on March 31 of the year in which they apply if they have not previously received funding from NSORO Foundation.
- Have been in foster care or orphaned while living in the United States. U.S. citizenship is not required.
- Those students who have been NSORO scholars for four years will be considered for advanced degree support.
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship, the applicant must download the application through the given links:https://www.thenf.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2016-2017_scholarship_app.pdf/
The applicant also must download the following forms and return with your application:
- Applicants must download theacademic information release form through the given link:https://www.thenf.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2016-Academic-Information-Release-From.pdf
- You can download thefinancial aid verification form through the given link:https://www.thenf.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2016-Finanical-Aid-Verification-Form.pdf
- You can download thestudent contact information update form through the given link:https://www.thenf.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2016-Student-Contact-Information-Update-Form.pdf
The scholarship recipients must provide the following information:
- Attach three typed letters of recommendation from teachers, employers, and community leaders (use form provided)
- Forward your current official high school or college transcript with the name, phone number, email address and signature of the school’s registrar.
- A copy of your SAT or ACT scores
- A copy of your college acceptance letter
- Documentation of State Foster Care
A complete application must be mailed to the following address:
P. O. Box 724445,
Atlanta, GA 31139
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Awards range from $1,000 – $10,000 per academic year and are renewable for up to five years if a student remains eligible.
The Application deadline for the scholarship is April 17, 2017.
Link for More Information: