The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) Young Entrepreneur Foundation is pleased to announce 2017 NFIB Young Entrepreneur Awards. The awards are open to any graduating high school senior entering their freshman year at an accredited (not for profit) two- or four-year university, college or vocational/technical institute. The scholarship program’s goal is to raise awareness among the nation’s youth of the critical role that private enterprise and entrepreneurship play in the building of America. The 100 awards will be given valued between $2,000 and $15,000.
The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) has 325,000 small and independent business owners united by one clear mission to promote and protect your right to own, operate and grow your business.
Applicants to the NFIB Young Entrepreneur Awards Program must be:
- High school seniors entering their freshman year at an accredited, nonprofit two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical institute for the full 2017-2018 academic year.
- Own and/or operate his or her established business.
- Children of current dues-paying NFIB members who meet the requirements are eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
For applying the awards, the candidates must login themselves through the given link:
As part of your application, the following required documents must be uploaded:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken
- A high-resolution photo of the applicant. The photo must be in JPG format, and it must be a photo of the applicant alone.
- A high-resolution photo of the applicant in action with the business in JPG format.
- Applicant’s current resume.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Up to 100 awards will be granted as follows:
- 95 awards of $2,000 (Young Entrepreneur Award)
- 3 awards of $5,000 (Young Entrepreneur of the Year runners-up)
- 1 award of $15,000 (NFIB Dan Danner Leadership Award)
- 1 award of $15,000 (NFIB Young Entrepreneur Award of the Year)
Top five recipients will attend an event in Washington, DC, on or about July 27, 2017.
Applications are due by December 18, 2016.
Link for More Information:
You can contact the NFIB Young Entrepreneur Foundation at yef-at-nfib.org for any further questions.