The Knight-Wallace University of Michigan is offering an application for The Knight-Wallace Fellowship Program. The small group of journalism professionals from the U.S. and abroad are eligible for the knight-Wallace fellowship. The fellowship restored applicant’s belief in the possibility of a life in journalism and allows mid-career journalist’s time to reflect on their careers and focus on honing their skills. The fellowship program is giving stipend up to $70,000 for the eight-month academic year plus university tuition and health insurance.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating. It also serves to preserve and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
- U.S. and international applicants can apply for this Knight-Wallace fellowship
- The applicants must be full-time journalists, with a minimum five years professional experience, whose work appears regularly as an employee or freelancer
- Print, broadcast, photo, documentary and Internet journalists are eligible
How to Apply:
The application process is online. The candidates can login through the given link to be entered in fellowship program:
Both U.S and International applicants will be required for the fellowship program:
- General information (In addition to providing the above information, you will be asked to upload your resume)
- Letters of reference
- Document uploads
- Projected study plan
- Intellectual autobiography
- Work sample and essays
Financial Aid & Award Money:
- Knight-Wallace Fellows will receive a stipend of $70,000 for the eight-month academic year, plus full tuition and health insurance.
- In addition, all fellowship trips – domestic and international – are covered. If the fellow’s employer does not contribute to insurance coverage, health insurance is provided to fellows and their family members who join them in Ann Arbor.
- The application deadline for international candidates is December 16, 2016, 1:59 pm, Eastern Standard Time
- The application deadline for U.S. candidates is February 1, 2017, 11:59 pm, Eastern Standard Time
Link for More Information:
For questions about the application process, email them at apply2KWF-at-umich.edu