The Capital Fellows Programs is sponsored by California State University, Sacramento that consists of four individual fellowships in the California legislative, executive and judicial branches. Graduate, postgraduate and mid-career applicants are welcome to apply for the fellowship. These nationally recognized public policy fellowships offer unique experiences in policy-making and development in each branch of government. Capital fellows will receive$2,627 monthly stipends plus health, dental and vision benefits.
California State University, Sacramento was founded in 1947 as Sacramento State College. Sacramento State is organized into seven academic colleges and a college of continuing education. The university is also a member of the consortium that operates Moss Landing Marine Laboratories, offering curricula in marine sciences.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in any major and a demonstrated interest in state government and public service
- 20 years of age or older by Sept. 1 of the fellowship year
- Graduate, postgraduate and mid-career applicants are welcome.
- Non-U.S. citizens must provide proof of appropriate immigration status. The Capital Fellows Programs do not meet the requirements for F-1 or J-1 visas
- The Center administers four fellowship programs. For a description of each program and application materials, please click on the links below:
- Jesse M. Unruh Assembly Fellowship Link: http://www.csus.edu/calst/Assembly/Index.html
- Executive Fellowship Link: http://www.csus.edu/calst/Executive/Index.html
- Judicial Administration Fellowship Link: http://www.csus.edu/calst/Judicial/Index.html
- California Senate Fellows Link: http://www.csus.edu/calst/Senate/Index.html
How to Apply:
To apply for one or more California Capital Fellows Programs, the applicants can register or log-in on the given link: https://csus-horizons.symplicity.com/index.php?au=&ck=
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Capital Fellows Receive:
- $2,627 monthly stipend
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Graduate units from Sacramento State in Government or Public Policy
- Student loan deferments
The deadline for all receipt of application material is February 13, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at pam.chueh-at-csus.edu.