The Graduate College at Texas State University is now offering the “Graduate College Scholarship” Program. The scholarship is available for newly admitted and continuing students at the time of application. The purpose of the program is to encourage students with intellectual, creative, and leadership promise to complete a master’s or doctoral degree at Texas State University. The Graduate College will provide $1,000 scholarships award for the academic year and disbursed on a per-semester basis.
At Texas State University, the Graduate School name was changed to the Graduate College on September 1, 1999. The Graduate College currently administers all of the admission procedures for students seeking a post-graduate course of study including in the following categories- non-degree, certification, master’s degree and doctoral degree.
- Scholarships require a minimum enrollment of six semester hours of graduate level courses
- Applicants must have been admitted to a Texas State master’s or doctoral program or have a completed application file
- Applicants who will be first-time graduate students must have a 3.25 GPA in the last 60 hours of coursework leading to the bachelor’s degree or an overall graduate degree GPA of 3.5
- Applicants who have completed Texas State graduate-level coursework must have a 3.5 GPA on prior graduate-level course work
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply on-line through the given link:
- A current resume/CV (three pages or less) including name, address, e-mail address, education (degrees or special certifications), professional experience, scholarship awards, special recognitions, articles or presentations, selected community activity, and other information pertinent to the desired degree.
- An essay of no more than 200 words expressing career objectives and reasons for selecting the graduate major.
- Three letters of recommendation
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The award amount is $1,000 per semester. The scholarship may be awarded for up to three semesters if recommended by the scholarship selection committee and approved by The Graduate College Dean.
The Graduate College Scholarship online application opens on November 1, 2016, and will close on March 1, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have questions about scholarships, contact the appropriate office at gcscholar-at-txstate.edu