Team Type 1 is funding scholarships in order to recognize young, talented athletes with Type 1 diabetes who demonstrates an ability to balance both academic and sporting commitments. The program is open for athletes who want to use their sport to educate, empower, inspire, and support families that already burdened with additional expenses associated with diabetes care. The goal of the program is to develop the next generation of leaders who will stand and fight for people with diabetes around the world. The scholarship winners will have the opportunity to attend speaker training.
Team type 1 was established with the mission to “instill hope and inspiration for people around the world affected by diabetes.”Team Type 1 Foundation is the only foundation that is providing college scholarships exclusively to athletes with Type 1 diabetes.
- The applicant has Type 1 diabetes
- The applicant maintains a GPA of 3.0 or better
- The applicant wants to use their sports as a platform to inspire
- The applicant attends (or will attend) an accredited NCAA/NAIA institution
- The applicant continues or will compete in a NCAA/NAIA sport
- The applicant commits to being available for at least two Team Type 1 speaking opportunities (at diabetes camps, conferences, or other events) to raise awareness about diabetes management and to inspire people with diabetes to better manage their disease.
How to Apply:
To applying, a candidate can download the application form for the“Team Type 1 athletes Scholarship” by the given link:
Applications, along with a photo and two written reference relating to your sport (i.e., from a coach, manager or professor)
The complete application should be mailed to Biljana Southerland at 2144 Hills Ave. Suite A, Atlanta, GA 30318 or e-mailed by pdf attachment to biljana.southerland-at-teamtype1.org.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Scholarship awardees will receive: the scholarship annually paid each year directly to the university during the term of their undergraduate or graduate work, as long as other Team Type 1 scholarship criteria are met.Travel expenses are covered for all speaking events, and scholarship winners will have the opportunity to attend speaker training.
The submission deadline is the third week of February and winners will be announced in April. Applicants are encouraged to be submitting at any time prior to the deadline.
Link for More Information: