The STERN Grant Scholarship Award, invites applications from promising young photojournalists. With this award the sponsors aim to give talented young photographers the opportunity to work on a long-term photojournalism project they are passionate about. Applicants will need to submit a short expose of their project’s central aim and purpose. The winner will have the chance to work on their story in tandem with an experienced STERN reporter and develop it into a reportage feature which will in turn be published by a title from the STERN group of magazines.
The renowned German weekly STERN magazine and the LUMIX Festival for young photojournalism continue to expand their cooperation.
- Any photographers, who are older than 18 years old and 35 years old or younger, at the time of application, are eligible to apply for scholarship program.
- STERN Grant is eligible not only for participants from Germany but for International candidates.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete on-line application form through the given link:
- A CV in table form including a passport-sized portrait of yourself
- An exposé about your planned photography project, no longer than one A4 page, which clearly outlines what the story is about, including an estimate of how and in what timeframe it can be realized
- A PDF of your previous photography projects (no more than 25 images) which show the applicant’s photographic style
The winner will have the chance to work on their story in tandem with an experienced STERN reporter and develop it into a reportage feature which will in turn be published by a title from the STERN group of magazines.
You can apply anytime between March 1st and midnight of April 30, 2016. The recipient of the STERN Grant will be publicly announced on Saturday, June 18th, 2016, at the LUMIX Festival in Hannover, Germany.
Link for More Information: