If you want to see yourself as a great musician and want to build your career in Music, don’t miss the chance of getting “Sr. Monica Laughlin Music Ensemble Scholarship” sponsored by “The College of St. Scholastica”. The St. Scholastica Music Department invites both music and non-music majors to apply for the Sister Monica Laughlin Music Scholarship. The main goal of the program is to promote the students who have an interest in Music and a good talent in the music field. Students may receive a scholarship of up to $16,000 for participating in music ensembles throughout their college career.
St. Scholastica is an independent private college with locations across Minnesota, including our original campus in Duluth, plus a new presence in Arizona with programs in Mesa and Phoenix.
To eligible to participate in the contest, the candidate must:
- Be a part-time or full-time student in any accredited College or University in United State.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- The applicants must have achieved success in their musical training and plan to continue to be involved in band, choir, and/or orchestra at St. Scholastica.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant may submit the complete application form online through the given link: https://www2.css.edu/app/depts/music/musicScholarship/index.cfm
To participate in the contest, the applicant must follow the given instructions:
- Submit a recording that demonstrates two contrasting styles (lyrical/technical, fast/slow, different genres, different languages, etc.)
- Recording should be uploaded to a video sharing website, such as YouTube, for viewing
- Music recording, not more than 5 minutes
- The video should not be more than five minutes long.
- Submit the recommendation form (your music teacher is also required: https://www2.css.edu/app/depts/music/musicScholarship/recommendation_form.cfm
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Winning candidates will get an award amount up to $16,000. The scholarships are renewable based upon continued participation in Concert Band, Choir, Jazz Band, or String Orchestra and faculty recommendation.
The application deadline is Friday, May 5th, 2017. Scholarship application materials are due 3 weeks before your desired audition date.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions, contact to Dr. Bret Amundson at music-at-css.edu or call to (218) 625-4983