The S&R Foundation is excited to announce Washington Award to recognize talented young artists in the fields of fine arts, music, drama, dance, photography, and film, especially those who contribute to international collaboration. The award is especially intended to encourage individuals who contribute to international cultural collaboration. Winner will get a cash prize of $5,000. In addition, the Awards Committee may designate a Grand Prize winner who receives an additional $5,000.
The mission of S&R Foundation is to support talented individuals with great potential and high aspirations in the arts, sciences, and social entrepreneurship, especially those who are furthering international cultural collaboration.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant may not be enrolled either part-time, full-time, or finishing work in a degree-granting program.
- Applicant must not have received an advanced level of recognition in his or her artistic discipline.
- Applicant must have documented proof of having performed or exhibited during the past year.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship award, interested candidates can login themselves by the given link:
- The applicant’s biography and photograph
- A sample photograph, recording, upload or video tape of the applicant’s work
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from recognized authorities or professionals in the applicant’s discipline
- The required essay
- The winner will be awarded a cash prize of $5,000.
- In addition, the Awards Committee may designate a Grand Prize winner who receives an additional $5,000 and will be eligible for a S&R sponsored event showcasing the winner’s talents, such as a concert hall debut, gallery showing, or screening (depending on the artist’s medium and career goals).
All applications must be completed and submitted by October 15. (The application form will close at 11:59 PM EST on October 15, 2016.)
Link for More Information:
If you have questions, you can contact S&R Foundation at 202-298-6007 or info-at-sandr.org.