The Society of Independent Professional Earth Scientists (SIPES) Foundation is pleased to announce its scholarship named as the SIPES Foundation Earth Science Scholarship. Anyone currently enrolled as upper-division or graduate students, who are majoring in any earth science – such as geology, geophysics, or petroleum engineering with a G.P.A. of 3.5 or better, are eligible to apply.The SIPES Foundation has awarded scholarships to more than 200 outstanding earth science and engineering students since it was founded. Through their scholarship, the foundation will award various award amounts to the successful candidates.
The Society of Independent Professional Earth Scientists (SIPES) Foundation was established in 1981 to perform the charitable, educational and scientific purposes of the Society of Independent Professional Earth Scientists. The Foundation has carried out these activities through many programs including seminars, an earth science film library, publications for the National Park Service, and annual scholarship awards.
To eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- The applicant must be upper-division or graduate students
- The applicant must be majoring in any earth science, geophysics or petroleum engineering
- The applicants who have an overall grade point average of 3.5 or higher are eligible
- The applicant must be U.S. Citizens
How to Apply:
To apply the applicant can download the application go through the given link: https://sipes.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/ScholarshipApp2017.pdf
- Three recommendations
- Statement of Need: (What kind of financial resources are available to you).
- Other income from scholarships, grants, internships, etc.:____________________
- Transcript of academic work: (attach).
- Statement of intent: (Write a short statement of your goals in your career). Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate the relevance of their work to the petroleum or other earth science industries.
Submit the complete application to Patrick A. Nye, President, SIPES Foundation, 4925 Greenville Avenue, Suite 1106, Dallas, Texas 75206.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The 2017 SIPES Foundation Earth Science Scholarship applications are due on or before July 29, 2017, and awards will be made after July 29, 2017. (Applications are accepted annually)
Scholarship recipients are encouraged to attend a meeting of a SIPES Chapter in their region to receive the scholarship check and to provide a brief presentation on their work/professional plans.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact at sipes-at-sipes.org