The SFM Foundation is inviting application for its scholarship program to Minnesota, Wisconsin or Iowa residents who are between the ages of 16 and 25 at the time of application. SFM Foundation is dedicated to easing the burdens on families affected by workplace accidents. To achieve this, the foundation provides post-secondary education scholarships to children of parents fatally or seriously injured on the job. The winning candidates will receive the awards between $1,000 to $10,000 for tuition, books, and fees.
SFM Foundation is a non-profit organization created to administer a post-secondary education scholarship program to benefit children of workers disabled or fatally injured in work-related accidents.
- Must be the natural, adopted, step-child or full dependent of a worker injured or killed in a work-related accident during the course and scope of employment with a Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Iowa-based employee and entitled to receive benefits under the Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Act, Worker’s Compensation Act of Wisconsin or Iowa’s workers’ compensation law.
- Must be a Minnesota, Wisconsin or Iowa resident between the ages of 16 and 25 at the time of the application.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or be a high school student in good standing. Academic achievement, aptitude, extracurricular activities, and community service of the applicant are considered.
- Grade point average will be reviewed against the number of hours the applicant works and his/her community involvement.
- Must be pursuing a primary college or university degree (bachelor’s or associates) or vocational education and training (certificate or license) from any accredited school.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates can download the application form through the given link: https://www.sfmfoundation.com/documents/sfm_foundation_application.pdf
- Applying candidates are required to brief description of nature and extent of a parent or legal guardian’s injury. Describe on application Section II-A or attach additional sheet if necessary
- Certified high school transcript
- A copy of your recent school identification card or valid state driver’s license/identification card.
- Two original letters of recommendation.
- Certified death certificate of a parent or legal guardian (if applicable).
- First Report of Injury.
- Verification of college acceptance and/or past attendance.
- Estimated costs.
- One-page explanation letter educational goals and the need for financial assistance.
Send your completed application to SFM Foundation by mail or fax:
Mail: SFM Foundation
P.O. Box 582992
Minneapolis, MN 55458-2992
Fax: (952) 838-2010
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Tuition, books, and fees (excludes room and general living expenses).
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the educational institution in two equally apportioned installments during the school year (timing may vary by school).
- Amount awarded may range between $1,000 and $10,000.
The scholarship application closing date is March 31, 2017.
Link for More Information:
Contact Information: If you have any question, email at info-at-sfmfoundation.com.