The Society for Applied Anthropology (SfAA) has announced an annual student research competition named as “Peter K. New Award” in the applied social and behavioral sciences for graduate or undergraduate level students. The Society for Applied Anthropology aspires to promote the integration of anthropological perspectives and methods in solving human problems throughout the world. First prize, second prize, and third prize winner will receive $3,000, $1,500, $500 respectively and each of the three winners will also receive travel funds ($350) to attend the annual meeting.
The Society for Applied Anthropology (SfAA) was founded in 1941 to promote the investigation of the principles of human behavior and the application of these principles to contemporary issues and problems.
- The competition is open to any person who was registered as a student at the graduate or undergraduate level in a college or university during the calendar year, 2016.
- An eligible student who does not have a previously earned doctoral degree.
How to Apply:
- For apply Peter K. New Award, the applicant must submit a research project less than 45 pages including footnotes, tables, and appendices.
- The research and the paper should use the social/behavioral sciences to address in an applied fashion an issue or question in the domain (broadly construed) of health care or human services.
- Applicants are required to provide SfAA with a bio, picture, and travel receipts to receive payment.
- The paper should be double-spaced and must be less than 45 pages in length.
- Research papers must be submitted a word document or pdf.
Candidate must e-mail complete application packet at info-at-sfaa.net
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Three cash prizes will be awarded:
- First prize: $3,000
- Second prize: $1,500
- Third prize: $500
- Each of the three winners will receive travel funds ($350) to attend the annual meeting of SfAA (in Santa Fe, NM, in March 2017).
- A Baccarat crystal trophy will be presented to the first place winner.
The deadline for submission is December 31, 2016. The winner will be announced in early February of 2017.
Link for More Information: