The San Diego Press Club Foundation is pleased to announce its scholarship named as the San Diego Press Club Foundation Scholarship for talented journalism students. The program is open to full-time undergraduate or graduate students who intend to pursue a career in journalism. The club is dedicated to promoting social enjoyment, cultivating professional advancement, encouraging friendly communication, providing all the advantages of a professional club, and fostering the ethical standards of professional journalism. The club will be given two scholarships a $1500 award to a community college student and a $2500 award to a four-year University or college student.
The San Diego Press Club Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. The San Diego Press Club is proud to be one of the largest clubs of its kind in the nation with nearly 400 members in the news communications field.Offering a blend of social and professional growth activities, they seek to foster a community where the relevant professional/social needs of news communications professionals can be met in an environment of integrity and high ethical standards.
To eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be accepted for admission and attending as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Applicants must intend to pursue a career in journalism.
- Applicants attending college outside of San Diego County must be a permanent resident of San Diego County.Applicants attending in San Diego need not be San Diego residents.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant may download application form, go through the given link: http://sdpressclub.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/2017-Scholarship-Application.pdf
In order to be considered for a San Diego Press Club Foundation Scholarship, applicants must meet the Scholarship eligibility requirements.
- Submit a short statement of your education/experience in journalism and your career goals.
- Submit Sample- at least one sample of a journalistic piece written or broadcast by the student. The applicant may submit two samples if desired. For print, the sample does not need to have been published but must be typed and fill at least one page. Broadcast samples are acceptable on CD or accessible in an MP3 format.
- Submit an official copy of your transcript through the most recent semester or quarter.
- Submit letter of recommendation from at least one teacher or faculty member who has had the opportunity to oversee your work and aptitude.
Send completed application to Sally Hixson San Diego Press Club/Foundation Scholarship 6408 Del Paso Avenue San Diego, CA 92120 Phone: (619) 265-7127 Fax: (619) 795-6832
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Two scholarships will be given: a $1500 award to a community college student and a $2500 award to a four-year University or college student.
- Winners and their families will be invited to a special luncheon hosted by the San Diego Press Club Board of Directors.
The scholarship applications are being accepted now for the 2017/2018 academic year.The application deadline is due on April 14, 2017. Awards will be made on May 8, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact to Sally Hixson at (619) 795-6832, or by email hixsonweith-at-cox.net