The Rowland Institute at Harvard is seeking applications for Rowland Fellowships that will commence in the 2018 calendar year. In order to apply, the applicant must have completed their doctoral degrees prior to starting their term completed a Ph.D. or have up to three years postdoctoral experience.The Rowland Fellowship provides an opportunity to establish an independent program in the rich intellectual environment at Harvard. They seek the best young experimentalists in energy science and engineering.The term of the fellowship is for up to five years, with a flexible start date. The stipend for Rowland Fellows will start at $72,000 per year, depending on the candidate’s experience. The awardees will receive funding for salary and research expenses and are allocated their own laboratory space.
The Rowland Institute was originally founded by the late Edwin H. Land in 1980 as The Rowland Institute for Science, a privately endowed, nonprofit, basic research organization, conceived to advance science in a wide variety of fields.In 2002, the Rowland Institute became part of Harvard with the mission of advancing the careers of experimental scientists and engineers at an early career stage.
To eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Both U.S. citizen and nonS. citizen are eligible to apply
- Fellows must have completed their doctoral degrees prior to starting their term.
- Young experimentalists in all areas of energy science and engineering
- The new appointee will have just completed a Ph.D. or have up to three years postdoctoral experience.
How to Apply:
To apply for the fellowship, the applicant can enter online through the given link: https://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/7603
Applicants should submit all the following:
- A one-page research proposal
- A two-page curriculum vitae (cv)
- Candidates also should arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent.
PDF file format can be submitted to rf-at-rowland.harvard.edu
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Fellowship awardees will receive funding for salary and research expenses and are allocated their own laboratory space. The Rowland Institute also provides technical support from permanent staff.
- The number of Rowland Fellows will average two new appointments each year.The anticipated start date is during the 2018 calendar year.
- The base stipend for Rowland Fellows is $72,000 per annum with increases based on years of experience beyond the Ph.D.
The Rowland Fellowship application deadline is August 18, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact to Dr. Michael Burns at Rowland Institute at Harvard by email: rf-at-rowland.harvard.edu