To further promote inclusion and diversity within the legal profession, Ropes & Gray LLP Firm is delighted to announce the Roscoe Trimmier Jr. Diversity Scholarship.The program is open to outstanding second-year undergraduate law students who are a member of a historically underrepresented group in the legal profession.Ropes & Gray has long been a proponent of law firm inclusion and diversity, with a dedicated mission to attract and retain outstanding lawyers of varied backgrounds.The firm will provide a $25,000 award to up to five deserving candidates.
Ropes & Gray LLP is a global law firm with 11 offices located in the United States, Asia, and Europe. The firm has more than 1,200 lawyers and professionals worldwide, and its clients include corporations and financial institutions, government agencies, universities, and health care organizations. It was founded in 1865 in Boston, Massachusetts by John Codman Ropes and John Chipman Gray.
- Outstanding undergraduate and law school academic achievement
- Member of a historically underrepresented group in the legal profession
- 2L enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school
- U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the United States
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant must submit online application through the given link: https://lawcruit.micronapps.com/sup/lc_supp_app_frm.aspx?lawfirm=89&id=9
- Law School Transcript
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Personal Statement
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The Roscoe Trimmier Jr. Diversity scholarship provides a $25,000 award to up to five outstanding second-year law students to offset the expenses of their legal education and includes a paid summer associate position following completion of the second year of law school.
- The funds will be paid out half upon completion of the summer program, and half of starting as a full-time associate at the firm.
- The scholarship will be awarded to applicants who exemplify the accomplishment, leadership, and dedication that were the hallmarks of Mr. Trimmier’s life, and who are members of populations historically underrepresented in the legal profession
The application submission is due on August 31, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question about the scholarship program, email trimmierscholarship-at-ropesgray.com.