The RiSE Scholarship Foundation, Inc. is now offering the scholarship for high school, college bound senior, who have (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4 point scale and planning on attending an accredited college or university. The aim of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to students with learning disabilities (the disorder in one or more of central nervous system processes involved in perceiving, understanding, and/or using concepts through verbal or nonverbal means). RiSE is awarding five students for the RiSE Scholarship Foundation, Inc. Award and the value of each award are $2500.00.
The mission of The RiSE Scholarship Foundation, Inc. is to recognize and reward students with learning disabilities that have overcome learning challenges, achieved academic success in their formative school years and will continue their educational journey by pursuing an undergraduate degree at a college or university.
- Must be a current high school, college bound senior, who has submitted applications to and is planning on attending an accredited college or university.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4 point scale (or equivalent).
- Must have a documented learning disability, a diagnosis of ADHD or ADD alone does not qualify.
- Must provide a letter of reference from a teacher, high school counselor, or principal of present high school on the enclosed form. The professional must note the learning diagnosis on the letter as proof of the diagnosis.
- If awarded, recipient must provide RiSE Scholarship Foundation, Inc. proof of registration to accepted college or university for the scholarship to be issued the fall semester of the same year that the award is presented
How to Apply:
- The candidates must download the application form given link:http://risescholarshipfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/2016-RiSE-Scholarship-Application-2.pdf
- Submit your completed application by Dropbox. RISE is only receiving applications via Dropbox this year. Link for Dropbox is : https://www.dropbox.com/request/ITxtpVQPbJQJ5YrX5qfS
- Applicants must also submit an essay on the topic of “perseverance.”You may write a letter, a poem, create a piece of art or write an essay about the experience where you have needed to persevere and stay the course in order to overcome your learning difference and how you may have grown because of this experience.
- Include a recent photograph with the application.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- RiSE is awarding five students for the RiSE Scholarship Foundation, Inc. Award and one for the RiSE Awards Autism Award.
- The value of each award is $2500.00. The award money is paid to the college or university that the award recipient attends in the fall after graduation.
- There are also Honorable Mention Awards for each category, as well. These awards are for $500.00 and will be paid to school the student attends the fall of 2017.
The deadline for this scholarship is January 31, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at: info-at-risescholarshipfoundation.org.